Try these money saving and time saving ideas, they really work!
Please check (either by phone or online) that your current energy provider has placed you on the cheapest tariff. I had been with British Gas for both gas and electricity for over 12 months, and discovered that I was on the Standard Tariff, unfortunately there were two cheaper tariffs, but British Gas had failed to mention this.I was switched over to WebSaver 6 which has made quite a difference.
- Always request paperless billing, it is very easy to print off a copy of your online bill for your records.
- Mobile Phone. When your contract ends, and you are due for an upgrade, you will get a much better deal if you change networks. Then as a new customer you will get more free minutes, more texts, for a lot lower price.
- Home and Motor Insurance. Never automatically renew your policies before trying out one of the many you will not believe how much you will save. If you higher your policy excess you will get a lower premium.
- Free Trials Online. When you sign up for a free trial online, usually for 30 days, dont forget to read the small print. If you do not cancel the trial before the end of the 30 days they will charge you every month until you do.
- Use a facial cleansing wipe to clean the leaves of your house plants.
- Keep an aloe-vera houseplant on your kitchen window sill. If you burn yourself or you get stung, just tear the end off one of the leaves and place the gel directly on to the skin, it will instantly soothe.
- Place some pebbles in the bottom of your hanging baskets before planting them up, they will help to retain the moisture.
- If you like cheap and cheerful jewellery, go to a charity shop and buy a couple of mug trees, you can use them to hang all your necklaces, bracelets and beads.
- If you keep your make-up in a drawer organise it by buying plastic food containers, place them in the drawer leaving no gaps, and you will be able to keep it all tidy.
- Clean your mirrors and glass topped tables with an equal amount of white spirit vinegar and water in a spray bottle, wipe dry with a lint free cloth.
- Use a cotton wool bud dipped in white vinegar to clean your keypad and telephone.
- Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda on to your carpets, leave for 15 minutes before vacuuming,this will deodorise your carpets, especially good if you have pets!
- Throw half a cup of bicarbonate of soda down the toilet and leave overnight, this takes away all the limescale.
- Make inquiries about changing over to a water meter.
- If you use a hot water bottle, don’t throw the water away in the morning, pour it into a jug and you can use it to water your houseplants!
- If you need a new boiler or radiators, always purchase yourself direct from the wholesaler, then pay a certified gas engineer to install them, this way you save the 20% minimum mark up on the price that you would have been charged by the tradesman.
Top Money Saving Tips for You to Try is the latest article from my website, which I hope you enjoy and hopefully you will be able to use some of the tips to save yourself lots of money.